Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Whole New World...

So one year ago we found out that my youngest was gluten intolerant with an emphasis on the wheat glutens.  All of a sudden her favorite foods were her worst enemy.  I thought this would be hard on her, but in reality it's been the hardest on me!  She took to the new diet like it was her best friend!  She felt better immediately after starting her gluten free diet.  Me on the other hand....am still having a tough time with it.  All my life I cooked and baked the reciepes that were taught to me by my ancestors.  THEY ALL HAVE GLUTEN IN THEM!!!!  And you can't just substitute a gluten free four mixture either.  You have to add a little of this and a little of that.  For the past year I have been buying her gluten free items in the grocery stores and haven't learned much about the baking aspect.  Well, I finally decided that my grocery budget just can't take it anymore....It's time for me to learn about how to cook/bake gluten free.  And it's not just changing how I cook....it's learning how to cook all over again!  Thank goodness for the internet and all the other wonderful gluten free bloggers and companies that provide ideas and reciepes for me and my daughter to try out and adapt to our liking.  So read on my fellow bloggers and follow my journey into the gluten free world.

No comments:

Post a Comment