Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bountiful and Plenty...

Today my friend Lori and I went to pick up our first (of many, I hope) basket full of fruits and veggies from Bountiful Baskets.   www.bountifulbaskets.org   Check it out!  They have drop offs in tons of states and locations!   Only $15 per basket.  Today's basket was a bag of potatoes, a bag of spanish onions, 2 heads of green leaf lettuce (my favorite), kale, an english cucumber, mangos, bananas, a whole pineapple, celery,  2 bunches of broccoli, apples, oranges, and kiwi.    My kids went nuts!  Tommy broke into the fruits and Alexis started planning variations of smoothies for the week.   I, of course, started searching the web for some great gluten free recipes that use some of these products.  Most of the stuff this week my kids may get to before I can use them in a recipe though.   And while waiting in line for our baskets, Lori and I chatted with those around us.   A suggestion was made to put kale in the smoothies because you can't taste it.  So don't tell Alexis or Tommy this but they are getting hidden kale in their smoothies this week!  Sounds like a great way to get some good antioxidents in them!  I can't wait to see next week's basket!

No comments:

Post a Comment